Sunday, January 7, 2007

Race Judica 5k March 2004

Dang if this one didn't totally kill me. It was held at Percy Warner park which is NOTHING but hills. (Great training if you need hill work-outs..awful for racing or trying to get a P.R.) Our little running clique (Pink Princesses)at the time signed up for this Bad-Boy instead of doing a scheduled training run for the marathon. The plan was to do this 5k, THEN finish the distance we were SUPPOSED to run afterwards. Well, that didn't happen. Not only were we in tears halfway through the race, one of the girls twisted her ankle when she went of the side of the road. I love running this park NOW, but at the time I had never purposely run hills before this race, so I was in hell. In fact, I used to avoid hills at all costs. This race was a not-so-gentle reminder that I needed hill training desperately, and I started running hills once a week afterwards. Hills are now my friend. Thank-You Race Judica! Time=34:04 (ewww)

No comments: